Taking several prescriptions is a way of life for most seniors. To help them manage this and avoid medication nonadherence, Alpha Allied Home Care, Inc. offers medication assistance services.
We assist our clients with medications by having home health aides reminding them to take their medications from dispensed containers. Each of our caregivers is trained in medication management and always take precautions to pre-sort and properly store prescriptions.
Our caregivers can also:
- Assist in developing medication schedule
- Review medication regimen
- Create a list of all prescribed and over-the-counter medicines the patient is taking
- Educate patient and family members on proper dosage, frequency, and side effects
- Evaluate response to medications and effectiveness
- Communicate with the patient’s doctor for proper outcomes
Medication assistance helps seniors avoid common medication mistakes like taking the wrong medication in error, missing a medication time or day, or administering more than prescribed.
For more information about our medication management, do not hesitate to call us today.